I don't have a vast experience on project management, although I have spent almost 4 years in different scrum environment. I told in such way because there is no such role as "Project manager" in scrum. I can rather say project manager and PO is the same person. Our company implements this in some other way. Here, there have both PO and PM. The PM acts as a Team Lead. I've a very tiny experience as a Team Lead (Project manager) into our organization. So I need to run a team and meet projects deadline. From my tiny thoughts I can say that implementing PIN can avoid missing deadline. PIN stands for PLANNING, IDENTIFYING, NOTIFYING.
Planning: Plan is the most important factor of meeting deadline. You need to plan for development, plan for testing, plan for code review/code refactor and plan to handle the risks. Without proper planning the entire project may fails. So, how do I plan better? First time the answer is so easy….. plan with your team members. Better planning will come from experience. You will learn from 1 on 1. You will learn from retrospective. You can do better planning by being pro-active.
Identifying: You need to identify different factors and may create a matrix of timeline of the deadline. You can identify by seeing burndown chart. What needs to identify? Identify the impediments, identify the risk if it is turning to the crisis. You need to be intelligent enough to identify all these factors.
Notifying: Notify to the team members, notify to scrum master or notify to the upper management if you see any problem happened. Raise the flag if you see the risk is becoming crisis.
There may have some other factor involved to meeting deadline. There is no math/logic to solve any deadline equation.
No comments:
Post a Comment